ElastoTITE™ Short Form Wafer - Series: 871
Process Development & Control’s ElastoTITE™ Full Port Elastomer Hinged Check Valves have low pressure loss, lightweight design and a compact construction. Our Patented Flexible Anti-Fatigue Reinforcement Layer design increases the life of the valve and reduces the need for replacement of the elastomer sealing member during routine maintenance. The elastomer hinge check valve design eliminates a restrictive valve seat and increases the valve’s open area and flow coefficient significantly. The ElastoTITE™ Short Form Wafer Check Valve is perfect for blower applications, compressed air and gas systems, water systems and vacuum pumps.
BOTH 125 lb and 150 lb Short Form Wafers feature a choice of body materials of Cast Iron, Carbon Steel or 316 Stainless Steel. The available internals materials are Aluminum and 316 Stainless Steel. Buna-N is the standard seal with optional seal materials of EPDM, Silicone or Viton.
Materials can be configured to a Maximum Working Pressure of 150 PSI. Operating temperatures range from –40° F to 500° F with available sizes 2” thru 24”. If your application requires unique size and material configurations, please contact the factory for assistance with your special requirements.
- PDC’s Patented Anti-Fatigue Reinforcement Layer – Our ElastoTITE™ Check Valve’s New Patented Anti-Fatigue Reinforcement Layer is substantially unstretchable and capable of resisting abrasion forces that are encountered while the valve is in operation, increasing the life of the valve significantly.
- Solid Cast Valve Body – Solid, cast wafer, 4-rib cage structure resists against transfer of adverse pipe stresses to the body.
- Alignment Grooves – PDC’s Wafer Style Short Form Series 871 has double flanges that match ANSI 125/150 lb Flanges which aid alignment and installation.
- NO Metal-to-Metal Rotating Parts – The motionless Hinge Bar and Seal Clamp design decreases wear of Hinges, Shafts, Valve Plates, and Springs slashing maintenance requirements and costs.
- Full Port Seatless Design – Provides the largest flow area possible with the smallest pressure loss.
- Fast Closure Feature – The closing time is reduced by the valve plate’s minimum travel from an open to a fully closed position.
- Springless Design – Our valves operate without the assistance of a spring in the majority of all applications. With the assistance of a spring, the “slamming” action of the plates is all but eliminated. A spring is recommended when the valve is placed in a vertical downward flow pipeline position.
- Reinforced Valve Seal – Tolerant to liquids, gases, steam, chemical, oil, and fuel. The strength and durability of these elastomers ensure the prolonged life of the valves. The seals provide a tight shutoff.
- Valves can be installed in a pipeline in any position.
- Competitive Pricing – PDC offers competitive pricing, excellent customer service and quick turnaround to meet your needs.
SERIES 871-VALVE COMPONENTS
- Short Form Body
- Hinge Bar
- Valve Plate
- Anti-Fatigue layer
- Valve Seal
- Seal Retainer Plate
- * Seal Clamp ** Seal Clamp End
- Spring (Optional)
- Spring Shaft
- Travel Limiter
- Hinge Bar/ Travel Limiter Fasterners
- Hinge Bar / Travel Limter Seals
- Internal Fasteners
*Standard-No spring **Optional-Spring loaded valves
If your application requires different size and material configurations, please contact the factory for assistance with your special requirements.
Body Materials: Carbon Iron Flat Face (FF), Carbon Steel Raised Face (RF), 316 Stainless Steel Raised Face (RF)
Internal Materials: Aluminum, 316 Stainless Steel, 316 Stainless Steel Spring Option
GENERAL DIMENSIONS (in inches): A = Outside Diameter, B = Face-to-Face, C = Clearance
Alignment Grooves match 125/150lb ANSI Flanges
S number of dia ⌀Y Holes on a ⌀Z Bolt circle
Sealing Member Materials:
|Buna-N||60˚F to 225˚F|
|EPDM||-40˚F to 300˚F|
|Silicone||-100˚F to 500˚F|
|Viton||-20˚F to 400˚F|
Temperature ranges are for general guidance. Range may vary with application.
Standard Models & Materials
|Model||Body||Internals||Seal||Max. Working Pressure (PSI)*|
|871-XXX-CIAL-BN||Carbon Iron (FF)||Aluminum||Buna-N||125|
|871-XXX-CI6S-BN||Carbon Iron (FF)||316 Stainless Steel||Buna-N||125|
|871-XXX-CSAL-BN||Carbon Steel (RF)||Aluminum||Buna-N||150|
|871-XXX-CS6S-BN||Carbon Steel (RF)||316 Stainless Steel||Buna-N||150|
|871-XXX-6SAL-BN||316 Stainless Steel (RF)||Aluminum||Buna-N||150|
|871-XXX-6S6S-BN||316 Stainless Steel (RF)||316 Stainless Steel||Buna-N||150|
Note: Process Development & Control’s ElastoTITE Check Valves are designed to work without the assistance of a spring.
A spring option is available.
XXX = SIZE (to be for all sizes)
*Cold Working Pressure (CWP) from -20˚F to 100˚F for 2” thru 14”valve sizes can be up to 200 PSI. Valve sizes 16” and larger CWP is 150 PSI.